This Website is published by CARREFOUR, a Public Limited Company [Société Anonyme], having a capital of €1,846,176,985, whose registered office is located at 33 Avenue Emile Zola, 92100 Boulogne-Billancourt, registered with the Nanterre Trade and Companies Register under number 652 014 051 and EU VAT number FR14652014051.
Publication Manager: Francis Mauger, Executive Director
Website Content Manager: Alice Durand Buffet, International Marketing Director
Direction Immobilière Groupe
Direction Marketing & Communication International
58 Avenue Emile Zola
92100 Boulogne-Billancourt Cedex
Tel: +33 1 58 33 62 90
Design and development:
30 Rue Agricol Perdiguier
42100 Saint Etienne
Simplified joint-stock company (SAS) having a capital of €10,000,000, registered with the Roubaix-Tourcoing Trade and Companies Register (RCS) under the number 424 761 419 00045
Business activity code: 6202A VAT no.: FR 22 424 761 419
Registered office: 2 Rue Kellermann, 59100 Roubaix – France
The Website which you have accessed was designed by Carrefour Group’s Property Division for all Internet users who would like to get to know more about the Group and its property activities. This Website is the institutional website for the Property Division – Carrefour Group’s property experts – and is not under any circumstances a commercial website.
The General Terms and Conditions apply to all website uses. Each time someone will use the Website, he will need to first accept these General Terms and Conditions of use (hereinafter the “General Terms and Conditions”). These General Terms and Conditions may be amended from time to time by Carrefour, which the User accepts.
Carrefour consequently recommends that you regularly consult this page of our Website.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
Any personal data disclosed by the User when using the Website is collected and processed by Carrefour.
By disclosing his/her personal data, which is collected when making the Website available for use by the User, the latter accepts Carrefour’s use of such personal data for:
- The purposes of providing the Services offered by the Website and their processing,
- Measuring website traffic, by analysing the number of pages viewed, the number of visitors/users, their activity on the Website, etc.,
- Ensuring website security or complying with our applicable legal or regulatory obligations in this respect,
- Managing Users’ exercise of their right to consult, correct and delete their personal data.
The fields marked with an asterisk on the various forms which we may ask the User to complete are compulsory for the Website to provide the corresponding Service(s). Other data is automatically collected in the scope of the User’s use of the Website via the system implemented to provide the Services offered.
Data collected and processed by the Website includes inter alia data which the User provides to benefit from the Service or data automatically collected by using the Website.
Data collected regarding the User is intended for Carrefour, Carrefour’s various internal or external departments, such as our service providers who are involved in the provision of the Services offered.
In accordance with the provisions of the French Data Protection Act no. 78–17 of 6 January 1978, as amended by the Act of 6 August 2004, the User has a right to consult, correct and delete the processing of his/her personal data based on valid grounds. The User may exercise these rights by contacting Carrefour.
These requests must be signed and attach proof of identity affixing the User’s signature, and include the required information for us to fulfil such requests and addressed to: Direction Immobilière Groupe, Carrefour Property, 58 avenue Emile Zola, 92100 Boulogne-Billancourt, France.
Unless the User decides to disable cookies, the User accepts that the Website may use them. The User may disable cookies at any time for no charge via the disable cookies settings, which are available to the User and are explained below, but this may reduce or prevent access to all or part of the Services offered by the Website.
What is a cookie and how is it used?
On consulting the Website, information relating to browsing using your device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) on the Website may be stored in text files called “Cookies” installed on your browser. Cookies are used to recognise the User’s browser for the duration period of the relevant cookie.
Only the generator of the relevant cookie is able to read or amend the information that contains it.
In order to use the Website, some cookies are strictly essential; other cookies optimise the browsing experience and offer personalised content. Cookies help us to:
- Measure and analyse traffic and Website use, its sections and Services offered, enabling the Website to carry out studies and provide a more interesting and user-friendly Website and Services,
- Remember the User’s browser’s display preferences (language, display settings, operating system used, etc.) and adapt the Website presentation every time he/she visits the Website, based on the viewing or reader hardware or software on the User’s device used to browse the Website,
- Remember information relating, for instance, to a form which the User completed or a service (registration, account access) or information which the User selected (registered services and basket content),
- Enable the User to access restricted and personal areas of the Website or its Services, via the User’s login and password or personal data previously provided, enabling the User, where applicable, to access personalised content,
Implement security measures,
- Limit the volume of advertising displayed,
- Adapt the advertising content displayed on the Website in line with the User’s interests and, where possible, linked to a location (e.g., list of nearest shops),
- Adapt and send personalised advertising which is specifically intended for Users by using electronic prospecting or display on the User’s device in the advertising space containing cookies generated by the Website. With the aid of the User’s personal data provided when he/she registers for or views one of the Services on the Website or uses the Website, in relation to which Cookies are generated by the Website,
- When the User visits a third-party website containing advertising space distributing one of the Website’s advertisements, this advertisement may be sent to the User by identifying one of the Website’s cookies previously stored on his/her browser. These cookies may also be generated by technical service providers and used by the latter.
Cookies generated by third parties on some areas of the Website
The Website may contain Cookies generated by third parties (communication agencies, website traffic measuring firms, targeted advertising providers, etc.) enabling them, for the duration period of their Cookies, to:
- collect browsing information on visitors to our Website,
- identify the advertising content likely to correspond to the User’s interests in order to send targeted advertising, based on his/her browsing history collected by the third party.
Cookies generated and used by these companies are governed by their own terms and conditions of use.
Cookies integrated in third-party applications on our Website or Services
The Website may include third-party computer applications, which enable the User to share the Website’s content with other people. The User can also inform people regarding the User’s visits or opinions of the Website content. This is notably the case for the “Share” and “Like” buttons on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
The social network may identify the User via this button, even if he/she has not specifically used it while visiting the Website. This type of application button may enable the relevant social network to monitor the User’s browsing on the Website, simply as a result of his/her social network account being activated on the User’s browser (active session) when he/she browses the Website.
The Website has no control over the processes used by social networks to collect information on the User’s Website browsing, and linked to personal data in their possession. The Website recommends that you consult the terms and conditions of use of your data on these social networks to determine the purposes of use of the browsing information which may be collected via these application buttons (in particular advertising). It is recommended that the User check whether the terms and conditions of use of these social networks provide him/her with the option to control or restrict use of his/her data by these social networks, including inter alia by customising his/her user account settings with them.
Sharing use of User’s device with other people
If the User’s device is used by several people and when the same device uses various browsing software, the Website cannot absolutely ensure that the services and advertising intended for the device correctly correspond to the User’s use of the terminal rather than use by another user of the same device.
The User may freely decide and will be liable for sharing his/her device with other people and allowing them to customise the browser’s cookie settings.
In this respect, the User can manage his/her cookies:
- via his/her browsing software, or
- interprofessional platforms, or
- when the option is offered via a link given in the list below.
Please note that a cookie is required to record the User’s registration cancellation. Therefore, if the User disables all cookies on his/her device or changes device, the Website will no longer know that he/she has selected this option.
1) The User’s management of cookies via his/her browsing software: the User can custom cookie settings on his/her browsing software to enable or disable the Cookies stored on his/her device, either systematically or according to each cookie generator.
For information on the applicable procedure to manage cookies stored in the User’s browser, he/she is advised to consult his/her browser’s help menu and the “Your Tracking” [“Vos traces”] section on the French Data Protection Authority’s website [CNIL (Commission Nationale de l’Informatique & des Libertés)] (http://www.cnil.fr/vos-libertes/vos-traces/les-cookies/).
2) Management of cookies via interprofessional platforms: the User can also connect, for instance, to the Youronlinechoices website http://www.youronlinechoices.com/fr/controler-ses-cookies/., provided by digital advertising professionals who are members of the European association, EDAA (European Digital Advertising Alliance) and managed in France by the Interactive Advertising Bureau France, or any other platform that offers this type of service.
The User can accordingly find out which companies are registered with this platform or other platforms providing this service, and which offer him/her the option to disable or enable the Cookies they use to adapt advertising that may be displayed on his/her browser based on the information they collect.
This European platform (youronlinechoices.com) is shared by hundreds of online advertising professionals and provides a centralised interface enabling the User to disable or enable Cookies, as explained above.
This procedure will not prevent advertising from being displayed on websites you have visited. It will only block the technologies that enable advertising to be adapted to the User’s interests.
1. The texts and graphic elements and the arrangement thereof on the Website are Carrefour’s exclusive property and are protected by applicable copyright law. Carrefour Group’s logos and distinctive signs are protected under trademark law. Any deterioration of the materials displayed on the Website, and, in the absence of express authorisation, any reproduction, download, copy, amendment, commercial use – in full or in part – of various materials on the Website is prohibited and prosecution may be brought against the person(s) who committed said acts.
2. By accessing the Website, Carrefour grants you a user licence governed by the following terms and conditions: – a right of private use, which is personal and non-transferable over the content of the Website or the materials comprising the Website, – a right to reproduce one copy for storage for reproduction purposes on a standalone workstation, – any use of documents obtained from the Website must state the source thereof. It is understood that Carrefour Policies are internal information in the Carrefour Group and may not be disclosed to third parties (unless otherwise decided by Carrefour). Any other use is prohibited, including inter alia use for commercial purposes, use on a network, repeated and systematic extraction of materials of the Website in breach of the provisions of the Act of 1 July 1998 on the legal protection of databases.
3. Any use of the Website in breach of the provisions of this article will constitute infringement and the person who committed such offence (“Infringing Party”) may be held legally liable. Civil and criminal sanctions may be imposed against any infringing party.
Carrefour is simply bound by a best endeavours obligation with regard to the running and continuity of the Website. The Website cannot warrant to the User that the running of the Website will be uninterrupted or error-free.
The Website will not be liable for any damage resulting from the User’s use of the Website, regardless of the cause thereof. In particular, the Website will not be liable for alteration of or fraudulent access to data and/or accidental transmission of a virus via the Website. In addition, we will not be liable for incidents caused by a force majeure event, faults or technical problems affecting the hardware, programs and software or Internet, which may result in the suspension or stoppage of the service.
The User will be solely liable for his/her use of the Website and will not hold Carrefour liable for any claim and/or proceedings brought against him/her. He/she undertakes to personally handle any claim and/or proceedings brought against Carrefour relating to his/her use of the Website. Carrefour reserves the right to make any amendments and improvements to the Website which it deems necessary or appropriate and will not be liable for damage of any kind that may arise as a result. Moreover, Carrefour reserves the right, without notice or compensation, to temporarily or permanently stop operating the Website. It will not be liable for damage of any kind that may arise as a result.
The Website may contain hypertext links to other websites which are governed by their own General Terms and Conditions of Use, including inter alia use of your personal data. You are advised to read the General Terms and Conditions of Use of these websites, including inter alia those applicable to your personal data. Carrefour makes no commitment regarding these other websites which the User may access via the Website, including inter alia with regard to their content, running, access to these websites and the use of the Customer’s personal data by them.
ILLICIT CONTENT/GOOD CONDUCT
Any action by the User aimed at restricting or hindering another User from using or benefiting from the Website is strictly prohibited. Carrefour stipulates that the User may only use the Website for legal purposes and it is prohibited from publishing or transmitting any illicit, prejudicial, defamatory, pornographic, hate-inciting, racist or other material which is detrimental to human dignity via the Website. In the event where Carrefour is informed regarding the presence of illicit content on the Website, it will be entitled to immediately delete such content. Moreover, Carrefour reserves the right to take all other measures required to enforce its rights.
Carrefour is entitled to carry out electronic monitoring of documents displayed and public areas to ensure compliance thereof with the above requirements.
A force majeure event means an event which is unforeseeable, unavoidable and external which makes it completely impossible to perform the undertakings made. All force majeure events, as defined by law and case law, will constitute legal grounds for suspending or extinguishing obligations.
GOVERNING LAW/CLAIMS AND DISPUTES
These General Terms and Conditions of Use are governed by French law.